Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My comp won't let me into secure sites

• Please log in to reply

Bigsmut78

Bigsmut78

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Someone please help. I cannot get into any sites that have secure websites. Everytime I try to go to one of these sites I get a "This page cannot be displayed." I can't buy anything online either with a credit card. It will not load any site that would be secure or need a password. Please help!!!

Advertisements

John_Doe

John_Doe

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
IE security setting issue.
click on tools tab
click on internet options
click on security tab and select default level
click on the privacy tab nex to security tab
make sure the cookies level is set to medium

see if that helps

Bigsmut78

Bigsmut78

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
That didn't work. I don't know what to do, cause I'm starting to get annoyed.

logan312

logan312

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Is this a new issue or always been an issue?
using a router?
using which browser?

Bigsmut78

Bigsmut78

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
No, I had a problem with Dr watson postmortem, and went on here to get the fix, but ever since I haven't been able to access anything, like bank, school accounts, hotmail, etc. Please help!!

jesussaves141

jesussaves141

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have the same problem! i can't get or aol to check my email, i have been completely disconnected with my friends and family since i can't get on facebook, i couldnt even send my cousin a birthday present in time because i couldnt get on ebay. this has been happening for about 4 months! i really don't know what to do, please help!

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Direct to: jesussaves141

Please start your own topic
Although your issue may seem similar there can be other factors that may need to be resolved.
By bumping on someone's topic it makes it confusing for the tech to understand who they are helping. This can in turn cause the wrong support to be given and can cause instability or worse to happen to your system. Thank you for your cooperation.

Bigsmut78
You last asked for help April of 2005 for the Dr Watson issue and other issues. You failed to complete the malware topic that you had open Here.

No, I had a problem with Dr watson postmortem, and went on here to get the fix, but ever since I haven't been able to access anything, like bank, school accounts, hotmail, etc. Please help!!

So you are telling us you have had the present issues for 5 years????

I would suggest that you clear all the temp files, cache, and cookies.
Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.
[/list]
I am also leaning towards a possible malware infection.
I suggest you go to the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum. If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

123runner

enu420

enu420

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I go into hosts i have to view it as a word file and I'm afraid to save it because it says it is not a text file. Am I suppose to access this file using word or as a note pad? I found something after 127.0.0.1. How am I to go about deleting it and saveing the file the right way.

Mercedes Benz 300TE Parts

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
So you haven't run the ATF file cleaner or visited the malware forum?

You need to open the host file in notepad. There are a lot of things after the 127.0.0.1
There is nothing in the standard hosts file that will be a issue.
The host file could have been targeted by malware though.

Please visit the malware forum.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try this...Click Start...Run...type in regsvr32 softpub.dll press enter and wait for the OK message then try connecting to a secure site again.