Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Office Demo?

• Please log in to reply

dudemonz

dudemonz

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi,

I have the Microsoft Office Demo on my new computer, but I want to install Office Home & Student.
I have the disc to install Office, but would like to know if I should Uninstall the Demo version before
installing the Office Home & Student 2007, or, am I able to install the full version over the Demo?

If I put the serial in will it recognize that it's Home & Student and delete what is not needed?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

Techextreme

Techextreme

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
If you only want the portions that come with Office Home and Student, then I would suggest uninstalling the Office 2007 that is on your computer now.

If you don't plan on using the other portions and don't mind them sitting there on your computer and taking up a small amount of hard drive space, then you can just use your Home and Student Key on the installation you have now. It will activate the pertinent portions that come with Home and Student and leave the rest to expire in 60 days.

Hope this helps,

dudemonz

dudemonz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thanks, that helps a lot.

One last thing I am curious to know is whether there is a way to delete those unused programs after putting in the key??

Techextreme

Techextreme

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Use Add/Remove programs and select Change. The installation will restart and ask you what you want to change. Unselect the portions you no longer want and they will be removed.

For instance, you no longer want Access. Add/Remove Programs > Office 2007 > Change > Change or Modify Installation > Untick Access > Click Next > Access is removed and Installation says "Finished".

Hope this helps,

dudemonz

dudemonz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Helped a lot!!

Thanks very much !

Techextreme

Techextreme

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts