Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop crashs with bluescreen

• Please log in to reply

wattle

wattle

• Pip
  • 3 posts
After I open Realplayer and click on "library", my laptop crashes,showing a bluescreen.This happened after I sent video files (that originally were flv files from Realplayer,moved to desktop folders&converted to mpg files) from my desktop folders to the recycle bin and deleted them.Upon restart,I then recieved the message that the ASPI Adaptec Driver (ASPI32SYS) has stopped working.I was then redirected to the Adaptec site, but it was all gobbleydock to me as I could not locate the area to fix/update/download the driver in question!

Note:On checking specifying my O/S (Windows Vista Home Basic Edition-sp2) I noticed an option to upgrade Windows Vista...should I? and would this solve the problem??
Please HELP!!!

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.