Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Personal Security Virus

• Please log in to reply

qrst

qrst

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My computer has recently been invaded by a program called "Personal Security" that does not identify its manufacturer and has effectively disabled my computer with endless pop-ups, warnings and demands to purchase their software. There are icons on my bottom right hand side tool bar that make this look like an official software that I personally installed. It basically replicates the look of the windows Security symbol. I observed a post for this same problem posted by new user: oczkom on 12/17/09 and after several responses from chamber it seems the problem was solved on 12/18/09. I am not completely inept but have very little computer experience when it comes to trouble shooting. My home computer is so problematic due to the constant pop up of the Personal Security Virus that I am emailing this message from my work computer. Please respond to me at the address that this message originated from. Thank you for your assistance.

Advertisements