Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7

• Please log in to reply

munleyj

munleyj

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
I have an e-machine T3508. I upgraded to Windows 7 and the speakers do not work even though it says "Operating properly" No sound in Windows7. Please help.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Upgrading to Windows 7 from an earlier version on the same PC can often leave you with driver problems, since Windows 7 needs new drivers (those from XP or Vista are often not compatible).

Are there any problem devices listed in Device Manager (yellow or red symbols)?

For most new and 'newish' models, the PC manufacturer has released Windows 7 drivers as well as drivers for the operating system originally pre-installed on that model. Unfortunately, Gateway (who own the e-machines brand)have not released any Windows 7 drivers for the T3508 desktop pc, there are drivers only for XP & Vista (I just checked on their e-machines driver pages).

If it's an on-board (integrated) sound device you need the driver for, you may be able to get a Win 7 sound driver from the motherboard manufacturer, but obviously we need to know the motherboard make and model number. If you run 'Belarc Advisor' and post it's system information report (leaving out the installed software section) that should give us the motherboard information.

Belarc Advisor: http://belarc.com/free_download.html