Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Security Center

• Please log in to reply

Mdeg

Mdeg

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have been having a problem with my laptop. Security Center message kept popping up and I could not get into my files without being annoyed woth this critter....
I have read some posts on this and know a little about it from your website...
I rebooted in safemode and reset to a previous date. This has fixed it (for now) but I would like to go through and fix other items now....
Hx:
- had AVG (free version) as antivirus checker
- at beggining of October I got message that AVG free was no longer being offered and to pay yeary fee by December 1st
- I ignored until finally got annoyed at the popup which came up at every startup, and deleted AVG altogether
- a few days a go I had a "Security Center" popup which really had set itself up in my registry files and it would not go away...
- rebooted in "safe mode" and reset to previous date...
- ran Malwarebytes...It could not clean one trojan (MPPT97) from a .sys file. I ignored it and let it finish.
- reinstalled antivirus 'avast' and ran it...things seem fine

I am concerned about the one that could not be removed... can you help ??

Mdeg

Advertisements