Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Computer in Restricted Zone

• Please log in to reply

submit2s

submit2s

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello, I was wondering if you knew the solution to disabling a user account, not the main account that is listed within the Restricted Zone..

I have been reading on Computer Zone Lockdown, but am not sure if that is the solution, or if there are other alternatives that I am missing to restore the 2nd user on a computer account back to have the ability to alter the security settings via Internet options.

Advertisements

John_Doe

John_Doe

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
go into safe mode and use the administrator to get the needed results you want.

to get into safe mode: restart your computer and keep pressing F8 , a black screen will popup, select SAFE MODE
pick ADMINISTRATOR

now your the boss, does this help.
kinda hard to figure out what your asking

submit2s

submit2s

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

go into safe mode and use  the administrator to get the needed results you want.

to get into safe mode:  restart your computer and keep pressing F8 , a black screen will popup, select SAFE MODE
pick ADMINISTRATOR

now your the boss, does this help.
kinda hard to figure out what your asking

View Post

No, that doesn't help.

This is what I'm referring:

When one either open a browser window and click Internet Options, or Open control panel, internet options, and click on the Security Tab; instead of there being 4 zones (Internet, Local, Trusted, Restricted), there are five (5) (Internet, Local, Trusted, Restricted, My Computer Zone)

I'm having difficulty, removing the my computer zone from one user account.

I was wondering if anyone here knew how to remove this zone so the user can alter his settings from the normal Security options.

With My Computer Zone being enabled, the user is not able to make any changes to his settings...

Any Suggestions?