Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Onboard graphics card help

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I recently built a decent pc cable of playing call of duty modern warfare 2 and left for dead 2, and i found a graphics card i would like to put in it (the card is nvidia geforce 8400) but i need to diasble the onboard graphics first in order for the graphics card to work. I have the Asus M4N78 PRO motherboard, how do i disable the onboard graphics card?

Edited by PH3N0M, 03 January 2010 - 12:47 PM.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
In Windows 7, click on the Windows Logo (START) and then right click "Computer". Next, Select "Properties". A windows will open, in the top left there will be "Device Manager"... click it.

Now, find "Display Adapters" in the device manager and click on the little arrow next to it(expand). Right click on the onboard graphics card and select "disable".

That's all there is to it. :)

In my experience, both can be enabled, but just have the monitor plugged into the new card(geforce 8400). Have you installed the geforce 8400 yet? Just let me know if you need more help. Good luck!

Edited by Ferrari, 03 January 2010 - 01:02 PM.