Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

• Please log in to reply

Mkeller1397

Mkeller1397

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello Everyone,

My name is mike, and I'm in a bind here, and was looking around for answers when I found this great forum. I have read numerous posts and there seems to be alot of very knowledgeable people on here. All right heres the problem.

Of course, as we all know, that if you know anything about computers, people will ask for help fixing theres heh. But to be serious my buddy's compaq laptop went into the Log In and Log Out loop. So I come on here and find a few really informative posts about how to fix the issue. Easy enough right? follow the directions? well I put the windows disc in and it reads the disc and gets to the point where I can do the repair option. Once I try that I get an error stating that there is no hard disc detected and to make sure one is plugged in and powered on. And now Im worried that it may be a hard drive problem. So I do a disc check and it freezes the first time, so I restart and repeat now it gets to 100% and then freezes, well as they say, third times the charm and it gets through it 100% and states that it did fix some files but all is well now. While I am doing this, my buddy is playing xbox, and with xbox you can play music off of a windows computer with the media player through the net work, and low and behold, he is able to play the music off of the computer?... So this leads me to beleive that the hard disk is still good...but after the error check and everything I get " Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer. make sure they are powered on and properly connected..ect ect.

If anyone could offer any suggestions, opinions, or solutions to this problem, it would be much appreciated. Also sorry for the long post.

Thanks for your time.
-Mike

Advertisements