Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

task manager won't open and computer is slow overall

• Please log in to reply

terry635

terry635

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My name is terry,
I can't open my task manager. It says adim.only and i am the adim. Overall computer is slow and when watching videos they are taking a long time to buffer than they did.

Advertisements

chavi

chavi

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi terry
Try the following.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\taskmgr.exe.Right click->Properties->secutity->See if your account has full control to the application.If you do not give it.

Edited by chavi, 06 January 2010 - 11:31 AM.

terry635

terry635

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
can't find taskmgr.exe but i do find taskmgr

terry635

terry635

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
under Properties, it does not have security.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.