Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant restore XP

• Please log in to reply

dlcoleman

dlcoleman

• Pip
  • 3 posts
my son turned off my pc tools anti spyware/malware while streaming a movie and the next morning my computer was screwed. It keeps freezing and is very slow. I have tried to restore to an earlier point both regular and safe mode but it wont. I also noticed that my drive is suddenly full to capacity, never had any warning. I removed a few programs in safe mode but it did'nt make any difference. Any kind of scan or procedure ( compression) just gets hung up after about an hr. Any ideas whats going on with the drive and how can I get some space back?

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

dlcoleman

dlcoleman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
O.K. Need help on several layers here. Sorry for the newbie ness::)

1) I'm told to post a reply or topic in the malware forum but when I try that, I'm told new topics are not allowed etc... This is the only place I can seem to post a reply so please feel free to re-direct me if I'm in the wrong spot. Also don't know what a OTList log is?

2) I followed the malware tutorial, loaded TFC and ran it but it was interrupted by c drive/ documentsandsettings/hpadministator/local/ yada yada is corrupt and unreadable. Run chkdsk /f. I tried running chkdsk but got unable to runchkdsk because running on another process or scheduled so I checked the forums,found how to disable the next chkdsk but it only works on normal startup? I can only use my computer in safe mode right now. Any ideas? Plz help. Thanks Lee Ann

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It sounds like you are trying to post a topic in the tutorial area instead of the Malware forum area.
The tutorial is where you get all the programs to run the scans for your initial post in the Malware Forum
IN post 2 click on the blue link named Malware.
Then post your new topic there with the requested logs from the tutorial..

Edited by rshaffer61, 08 January 2010 - 08:53 AM.