Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IMPORTANT - Need help with Computer Specs

• Please log in to reply

regnow

regnow

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi everyone! I need some really good advice on a number of things, listed below. The more advice from different people, the better. Thanks in advance to everyone that gives input :)

I am wanting to know what would be the cheapest (but reliable) hardware for a Windows XP Pro 32-bit (may possibly get Windows 7 Professional/Ultimate 64-bit) computer that would have the latest Java, SuperAntiSpyware, AVG Anti-Virus and Zonealarm Firewall installed and running, along with a proxy set up.

It would need to be able to run up to 20 PC emulators (if the specs would cost over $1000, please also give specs for a computer that would run between 5 - 10 PC emulators too), while having each emulator running a java application that has the required specs of '128MB RAM and 650MHz CPU' per application.

Would it be better to set up more than 1 partition for this or cheaper to build more than one computer to do this on?

Any advice on the most efficient way to make this work would be greatly appreciated.

Required Spec Information needed (please supply with recommended brands as well)
Hard Drive:
Processor:
Motherboard:
Video Card:
RAM:
Case:
Fans:
Power Supply:
Network Card:
Router:
Other (including Software):

Also, if anyone can recommended a smooth and efficient PC emulator that runs well and any information on how to efficiently set up a proxy to prevent my real IP from being detected by anyone that would try to gain my IP (or suggestion for Forum section to post a question about this). I am extremely grateful for any help given :)

Edited by regnow, 08 January 2010 - 05:00 AM.

Advertisements

regnow

regnow

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Is there no one able to help me?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I can help with parts, but I'm not familiar with an emulator. Are you able to do the sums for me and work out the minimum requirements?