Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Setting PC to best performance question

• Please log in to reply

Computerhelp9080

Computerhelp9080

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi i need help im trying to set my pc to run as best as possible for Frame rate. The game is called World of Warcraft, and im trying to set my pc so it can run the game smoothly as possible.I dont care about how crappy it looks i just need someone to list all the ways possible to set it where i can have the best Frame rate.Any information will help thanks everyone!Also will lowering the Refresh rate help the frame rate?Here is my spec-

Windows XP Home edition version 2002 service pack 3
Dell Dimension DIM3000 intel ®
Pentium ® 4 CPU 2.80CHz
2.79 GHz 1.99GB of RAM

Used Space:48.2 GB
Free space:23.3 GB
Capacity:71.5 GB

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
SORRY...your system specs are so low and there really isn't a upgrade path for your system...
if you tried putting in a PCI video card to replace the onboard graphics you would also have to upgrade the power supply at the same time...
no matter what you do it will be like putting lipstick on a pig...
save the money and apply it to a new system...if you want to do a lot of gaming ...get one with a good video card

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Better still (and makes much more sense than a PC) is buy a game console. They are purpose built for the job. A PC may be more versatile than a console but it's still not ideally suited to frequent running of games software. Of course, many prefer the PC because it means they can download games, often illegally at no cost (not for one minute suggesting you are one of those), but if you want the best gaming experience(and it sounds as though you do) the console can't be beaten.