Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE8 problems

• Please log in to reply

jreram

jreram

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Just upgraded to Windows 7 and IE8.
All of a sudden, I can't open Walmart.com from my computer.

A window pops up saying 'Do you want to save this file , or find a program online to open it?
Name: index.do
Type : Unknown File Type
Whatever options I pick, find or save doesn't lead to anywhere

I am also getting HTTP 404 And HTTP 501 error messages as well with other sites. I am also having problems getting rid of the IE8 Welcome screen. I found a download on the Microsoft website that was suppose to remove it by making changes to the registry. It seams to work for a while and then all of a sudden the welcome screen starts popping up again when IE8 is started.
Thanks for any help you can provide

Advertisements

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
Hey jreram. :)

I must admit I am not a fan of Internet Explorer. :)

Ok. I would recommend checking out this article as it addresses loading problems:

http://support.micro...m/kb/956197/LN/

Failing that, I would suggest taking a look here as it addresses common solutions to solving unloaded pages:

http://support.micro...kb/956196/en-us

I would also recommend installing an alternative internet browser like Mozilla Firefox or Opera. Not only are both these browsers more secure and safer than IE but they also offer faster loading speed for web browsing.

Go here for Mozilla Firefox

Go here for Opera

If you choose one of the 2 above browsers then make sure you also check out their addons (particularly security) to increase your internet and browsing safety. I would highly recommend switching to one or both of the above browsers and only using Internet Explorer for Windows Updates.

Let me know if those articles solve your problems. :)