Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SillyDL and Taskbar Blocker

• Please log in to reply

Burns711

Burns711

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello Everyone,

I recently caught a virus. When I scanned my PC with my anti-virus called CA, it found SillyDL and a taskbar blocker. It changed my desktop background to say something like "Your System Has an Infection!" and installed a popup balloon on my taskbar that says I have a virus.

I ran another scan and rebooted,now my computer gets stuck on the startup. It trys to login and load my settings then it stops and trys to shutdown. When Windows says "Saving Your Personal Settings" it just keeps that neverending loop. It just keeps restarting after a minute of that. So...needless to say, I can't post any logs until I get that fixed.

I tried to boot in to Safe Mode, and that didn't work. It kept doing the same things... Trys to log on after restart then trys to shutdown over and over again. I also tryed to recover with the Windows disk, but I have no idea what to do after it goes to the DOS Windows prompt.

Can anyone help me out?

Thank You!

Edit: I scanned my PC initially with SUPERAntiSpyware. After it found and cleaned things it wanted to reboot. The problem of not being able to restart happend after I ran the scan a tried to reboot.

Edited by Burns711, 12 January 2010 - 01:07 PM.

Advertisements