Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Computer Is Reading H Drive Instead Of C Drive

• Please log in to reply

liefman360

liefman360

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
:) My Computer Is reading off of my H drive instead of the C Drive and I know they are backwards and it is causing me alot of problems such as the lsass.exe error and the blue screen of death with the CONFIG_LIST_FAILED I know I am going to have to Reinstall my OS but I was wondering if anyone could help to guide me through switching drives back around. Thanks alot. :)

Edited by liefman360, 12 January 2010 - 03:01 PM.

Advertisements

BlackOxide

BlackOxide

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,976 posts
This usually happens when Windows has been installed whilst your memory card reader is connected. Disconnect your memory card reader (If its a built in card reader, it will usually have one cable that plugs onto a port on the motherboard, just unplug it). After you have reinstalled Windows, just plug the card reader back in. :)

liefman360

liefman360

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Ok well im not 100% sure where that might be I think I have a good idea which it might be thought. so after I unplug it and get everything reinstalled then I need to plug it back in and it should fix itself?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

Ok well im not 100% sure where that might be I think I have a good idea which it might be thought. so after I unplug it and get everything reinstalled then I need to plug it back in and it should fix itself?

Yes.
Unplug it, reinstall Windows then plug it back in and it'll come up as (probably) Drives E, F, G and H.

liefman360

liefman360

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Ok I will give it a shot I am picking up the windows xp cd today after work. Its a last resort to the problem I have been having does anyone know anything about the lsass.exe System Failure I have another post on it just havent had anyone comment it back. Thank you all for your help very much. :)

BlackOxide

BlackOxide

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,976 posts
Yep, just open your case (left hand panel usually, unless its a Dell where you take off the right hand side panel), then trace the cable from your card reader to the Motherboard and just unplug it. Then reinstall Windows (I take it you have already backed up your data), then once Windows is installed, just shut your PC down and plug that cable back in and you should be fine. Unfortunately, there is not a way to change the H: drive to C: drive without reinstalling Windows, been there myself :)

liefman360

liefman360

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hehe well Oxide at least im not the only one ^^ it really does suck I did get everything off there that I needed for work and all so it is time to just reboot the whole system =) thank you very much :)

BlackOxide

BlackOxide

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,976 posts
No probs, you're welcome :)

liefman360

liefman360

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Yea since I got your attetion if your not to busy maybe I can ask for help about my wifes computer? In hopes that I dont have to completly reinstall windows on it. :)

BlackOxide

BlackOxide

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,976 posts

Yea since I got your attetion if your not to busy maybe I can ask for help about my wifes computer? In hopes that I dont have to completly reinstall windows on it. :)

I'll give it a go :) Best if you create a new topic though, as it keeps everything organised on the forum, so people then know whats what by the title of the topic then :)

liefman360

liefman360

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Yea I understand and I will start doing that :) Her computer will start up and begins to boot then when it gets to the windows screen where it has the little loader under the Windows XP it dosent actually load anything and it will just reboot itself everytime. Not Sure why it started to do it either. :)