Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Easy Question for most!

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Not a problem. Never a silly question.
If you think the guy is honest then go ahead and get it from him. I would ask if he warranties it at all to make sure. If it is bad you want to be able to at least exchange it.

Edited by rshaffer61, 12 January 2010 - 07:32 PM.

Advertisements

750steve

750steve

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Not a problem. Never a silly question.
If you think the guy is honest then go ahead and get it from him. I would ask if he warranties it at all to make sure. If it is bad you want to be able to at least exchange it.

I think i'll stick with the shop in that case, same money & i can get it straight away. I'm sure the kingston stuff aint that bad really?? & if it's bad (didn't know it could be!!) i can change it easily enough.

Thank you so much for your help rshaffer !!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Kingston is good. It really comes down to personal preference though. Some like a certain type because that is all they have used. Others may use the same type and have nothing but trouble with it. Like any electronic component you can have bad parts once in awhile. I would agree with your decision though 100% just on the basis oyu can exchange it if there is a problem.