Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iPod Shuffle

• Please log in to reply

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
Good Day,

Today, i brought an iPod Shuffle, the 1GB version for $150

So far I definitely have no complaints. I wanted something that could hold my music when I go for a run, walking around campus, doing work, at work, etc.... list goes on. The 1GB holds about 240 4min songs according to the box.

The weight of this thing is crazy. I went for a run today and felt as though nothing was in my hand. The ear plugs, not the greatest but stil were able to stay in my ears while running.

Some people dont like the Shuffle because it doesnt have an LCD Screen. That doesnt bother me that much because it makes me worry less about breaking it and it would defeat the purpose of it being called Shuffle.

The reason why I didnt go for the larger iPods like the 20 or the 40 is for one thing, the cost, but i feel as though its a waste of space. The shuffle holds about 16 hours of music and that is more than enough for one day. So before i head out in the mornings, i'll just load up what songs i want.

Its a good buy and would definitely look into it if buying an iPod.

Any questions about it let me know.
ditto

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Will an iPod get me running again? :tazz:

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
The only thing that will get you running is a 100-lb. Dobermain Pincher staring you down. :tazz:

Personally, I run without music. Too scared I won't hear a car.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

The only thing that will get you running is a 100-lb. Doberman Pincher staring you down.

I guess 10# ShihTzu's just don't have the same effect.
MS.jpg

It's just not practical to run outsite here year round. I ran mostly on a treadmill, and often watched TV. I really need to get outside now that's it's nice.

P.S. Those really are our dogs. :tazz:

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
We babysat one last weekend and they are much more practical than beagles. We decided that those will be our next dogs.

Those look pretty ferocious!

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

I ran mostly on a treadmill, and often watched TV.

thats just way to boring for me. Even running around a track is really boring. We used to run hills on a golf course for crew practice. If you want to get in shape fast, run hills.

Insanitystreak

Insanitystreak

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Yeah, well most of my friends have the mini and have filled it and have about double as many songs as it holds. Well what i noticed is, some songs have never been listened to so yes. I would agree the shuffle is a very good buy.

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
im sure it is a good buy too, im a very crazy ;) person as you all might know so i have to choose what i listen to and if not i just get annoyed...i should try this running thing ;) :tazz:

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Back to the thread, I thought ipods were locked so one could put music in but not take it out, explaning why I have settled for a something else, am I wrong or has their system changed?

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
Nah you can take music off of it. I do it all the time on my shuffle