Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

External Hard drive not recognized

• Please log in to reply

roni7

roni7

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I purchased a 1TB external drive brand accomdata, when I 1st connected it to my computer it would not turn on, after poking around some more it came back up and after I transfered all my documents and pictures it shut down again and I have not been able to bring it back up because it is the reading the device correctly instead of it reading it as en external hard drive it says it needs a cd to be insterted.
I looked up on the web and apparently I am not the only one with this problems with this manufacturer. I was thinking of taking it apart and installing in internally as a last resort. I would appreciate any help with this, any ideas how to get my computer to read my external drive?

Advertisements

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
Can you give us the specs of the external drive?

roni7

roni7

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It is a 1TB external drive with usb and eSATA the maker is acomdata model
PDHD1000USE-72. Is this what you were looking for?

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
Have you tried to connect it to a different computer?

How do you connect it? If by eSATA then there are some problems you may want to try and connect before booting. eSATA is not always recognizes correctly on all operating systems. Did you connect the power before use connecting to the computer?

Is it recognized in the device manager? (under disk drives or usb category)

What operating system you have? XP home/pro Vista.....