1. I was able to get MalwareBytes on my computer but unable to open it.
2. System restore to the previous day
- This got rid of all of the pop ups but I still had a bogus anti-virus program installed on my desktop. Also, I guess when the computer was restarting, my REAL anti-virus program, f-secure, identified packed.win32.tdss.aa. I tried to delete/remove it but that did not work.
3. Found this website and followed the instructions to try and remove it. I downloaded ComboFix and ran it, which I later found out I was not supposed to do yet when I read further BUT everything seemed to go OK with the download/install/run and it produced a log for me. Also, right after it produced the log, f-secure blocked about 10 internet explorer pop ups. I still cannot open MalwareBytes and get the message "run-time error 0" and "run-time error 440" when I try to. Obviously, something fishy is still going on.
4. I tried to run a full computer scan with f-secure but it won't do it. I can open up f-secure and everything but when I try and click scan nothing happens.
I would greatly appreciate any help in fixing it. Just let me know exactly what you need me to do on my end and I will do it. Thank you in advance for taking the time to help.