Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

packed.win32.tdss.aa

• Please log in to reply

evand

evand

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently became infected with packed.win32.tdss.aa. I first noticed the infection by all of the annoying pop up anti-virus programs. I then did these things to try and rid myself of this infection:
1. I was able to get MalwareBytes on my computer but unable to open it.

2. System restore to the previous day
- This got rid of all of the pop ups but I still had a bogus anti-virus program installed on my desktop. Also, I guess when the computer was restarting, my REAL anti-virus program, f-secure, identified packed.win32.tdss.aa. I tried to delete/remove it but that did not work.

3. Found this website and followed the instructions to try and remove it. I downloaded ComboFix and ran it, which I later found out I was not supposed to do yet when I read further BUT everything seemed to go OK with the download/install/run and it produced a log for me. Also, right after it produced the log, f-secure blocked about 10 internet explorer pop ups. I still cannot open MalwareBytes and get the message "run-time error 0" and "run-time error 440" when I try to. Obviously, something fishy is still going on.

4. I tried to run a full computer scan with f-secure but it won't do it. I can open up f-secure and everything but when I try and click scan nothing happens.

I would greatly appreciate any help in fixing it. Just let me know exactly what you need me to do on my end and I will do it. Thank you in advance for taking the time to help.

Advertisements