Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2003 read receipts

• Please log in to reply

rml

rml

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I am using Outlook 2003 to download from my tiscali web - mail account. I am away from home and logging in from another ISP, therefore cannot use the account via outlook to send messages (that is not a problem). However someone requested a read receipt from an incoming message and I accidentally cliced yes to send it. Outlook is now trying to send this every few minutes and of course failing. The problem is I cannot find the message to delete it, it does not appear in the outbox.Where is it stored? how can I delete it? :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you click tools then options then email options then tracking options, does it change if you set it to never send a response, has the message linked to receipt been marked as read

Edited by Keith, 18 May 2005 - 07:17 AM.

rml

rml

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have already chenged the read receipt setting to never send (wish I had done that in th first place) I have tried changing the message back to un read, movingi to the junk mail folder; I have now deletd the original message but Outlook is still desperately trying to send the read receipt message. :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Run Outlook back up then you can delete the account, reboot the PC then open Outlook then press help then detect and repair, have a tick in restore my shortcuts, you may need the Office CD.

Re-enter the account

http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

rml

rml

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks,

I'll let you know how it works out.

rml

rml

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
No I'm afraid that didn't work. Tried a couple of times - even tried giving th eaccount adifferent (outlook) name when I re-established it. Still trying to send the message every few minutes.

Any other ideas apart from un-installing and re-installing outlook completely? :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you do re-install Office then you need to save your mail to a pst file then move it to another part of the hard drive, as shown in more information

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;829971

This will probably be the quickest option

Edited by Keith, 23 May 2005 - 09:10 AM.

flyonthewindscreen

flyonthewindscreen

• Pip
  • 1 posts
There might be an easier solution. Try

http://www.outlook-t...o/delete_rr.htm

OutlookSpy lets you delete read receipts etc.

Had exactly the same problem that you described...