Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Internet Got Really Slow......

• Please log in to reply

Aukake

Aukake

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
It was working beautifully when i first got it.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK but your other system. The older one, it stays online with no problem?

Aukake

Aukake

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
My other system had a wireless g and didnt have windows 7 support so i bought a new one for my new computer. when i first installed it, it was working just fine, but since this past weekend. its been very slow and cutting in and out.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK have you reset you modem or router?
Turning it off, unhooking all connections for at least 5 minutes then reconnecting everything and restart your system.

Aukake

Aukake

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
Yup did that when i hook it up again it works really nice for like 10secs then goes back to being slow.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Have you contacted ISP to have them do a signal strength and speed test on your line?
I'm trying to go through everything before getting to the new system and the wireless on it.
I've already had you clean temp internet files and cache so that is not the issue.

Aukake

Aukake

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
when i was having 5k kbps d/l my wireless card was transmitting wireless g..is there a way to make my wireless n card transmit g or does it do it automatically?

And was just reading a wireless g would work better with my wireless n router, but my old wireless g pci card doesnt have windows 7 support. looked everywhere, but cant find anything. Maybe someone knows somewhere i can get the Airlink AWLH4130 Super G™ Wireless PCI Adapter working on my windows 7 computer.

Edited by Aukake, 19 January 2010 - 03:52 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I have searched till my eyes hurt and i cannot find one either.
I see it does have Vista support though.
have you tried the G card to see if it will work? It will probably pull the Vista driver which should work for Win7.