Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Inspiron 1525 not turning on

• Please log in to reply

Rajendran

Rajendran

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi All,

I have a Inspiron 1525. It was working fine till last week. But now if i press the power key, only the keyboard status lights are blinking. The system is not getting turned ON.

I tried Fn + Power key combination and ran the Dell Diagnostics tool. After extensive diagnostic, the laptop turned on, but it couldnt load windows vista. There was a message that system memory has changed. But i didnt do any changes to the memory. I was able to rectify this also by choosing one of the trouble shooting options presented.

But yesterday this problem again occured. This time when i tried Fn + Power key combination only the keyboard status keys are blinking.

What might be the problem? I heard this is the best site for troubleshooting any kind of laptop problems.

Thanks Rajendran

Advertisements

Techextreme

Techextreme

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
The first thing I would try doing with your laptop would be to remove and reseat all of your memory.

If you are unable to boot up after doing this I would try removing one stick ( if you have more than one ) and retry booting your laptop. If no bootup, try removing the other stick and insert the one you just removed.

Techextreme

Techextreme

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
***Edit***

Sorry Double post.

Edited by Techextreme, 19 January 2010 - 10:37 AM.

Rajendran

Rajendran

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi TechExtreme,

I tried your suggestions. But my laptop is still not turning on. What might be the problem???

Thanks
L.Rajendran

willmon2000

willmon2000

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
May be you should find out how to reset your bios. I you do this make sure that you go into your bios and set the time and date. Just a suggestion