Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SMS Alert System

• Please log in to reply

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
We have a website that has most likely 100 or less users that will use the SMS alert feature. We are a non-profit group, so we are not looking to spend a lot of money getting this set up. From what I understand there is a simple way of loading in the cell phone number, and the service providers domain extension, example:
[10-digit phone number]@message.alltel.com

However if possible I would like to just send the message to [10-digit phone number] and not have to worry about the extension. The site I use is almost entirely in ASP, but I would be willing to use any language to get the job done. The information is currently loaded into an Access Database, (with the exception of the service provider).

We are looking to do this for the 1 or 2 times a year when we cancel a meeting or a camping trip, so it won't be used frequently, so having to go in and add service providers is something we don't want to have to manage if we don't have to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Matt

P.S. The site it will be used on is http://troop101.net/

Advertisements