Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System bogging down....

• Please log in to reply

wsu_Tbone

wsu_Tbone

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello....Not sure what i got but...i am barely able to surf the internet...i cant get from one website to the enxt...when i enter a url in the address box...it takes more than 30 seconds to a minute to get me to the page...and most of the time.s...it times out...any help would be appreciated...

Additionally,

in task manager...it says that i am using about 80% of my memory....this is with only ie opened..

Thanks

additionally...my task manager keeps getting disabled...everytime i goto enable it..it stays enabled for a few minutes then is disabled again..

I cannot even run the first program and post log as it will not let me...I willpost the error message when i get home...

anythoughts?

Thanks

Edited by ldtate, 20 January 2010 - 04:11 PM.

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
If you can get into Task Manager, click on processes and show processes for all users then click twice on the CPU column header. This will sort things by biggest users of the cpu time. Click on the top program (note the name) and see if you can
End Process.

You can also try booting into Safe mode (reboot and when you see the maker's logo, start slowly tapping the F8 key. Keep tapping until you see the Safe Mode Menu ans select Safe Mode or Safe Mode with networking if you want to try downloading a program.

If all else fails get a friend to make you a bootable disk from Kasperky or one of the other antivirus companies:

http://www.askvg.com...ure-and-others/

Boot off the CD and have it scan your system for viruses.

Ron