Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 - Networking problem?

• Please log in to reply

Kelardsturm

Kelardsturm

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Hello all,

I recently installed windows 7 ultimate on my work desktop and all was good, except for the networking.
I have found that whenever I started the desktop and tried to connect to the home wireless network it severs all the other connections to said network and when any desktop or notebook tries to reconnect it will not give a stable connection (every 30 seconds-5 minutes it will sever the connections again) until my work desktop is either rebooted 5 or 6 times or I just give up and remove the wireless adapter. I considered that it may be a problem which occured during installation which caused this and so I reinstalled windows 7 and it still happens. This never happened when I was running Vista or Ubuntu 9.10, could it be a compatability issue? The Vista desktop and laptop and the XP laptop in my household can all connect without any problem at all, even though they are using the same adapter.

The adapter I am using is a Belkin g f5d7050 v4000 with the most updated drivers, which say they support windows 7. I am trying to connect to a netgear dg834g

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas why it does this, and if anyone had any solutions?

Thanks in advance,

Kane Murton.

Advertisements