Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

m67m.ocx file found by NAV [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

mcmitchell

mcmitchell

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,
I regularly run Ad-Aware SE and Spybot as well as Microsoft Antispyware and Norton Anti Virus. The software updates are all up to date and removal of any spyware/malware is usually easy. I also run HJT and have it analyzed on the web and remove anything that is labelled as NASTY. However, for the past month my NAV finds a file named m67m.ocx or AdwareMedware and tells me it is in my C:/Program Files/Downloaded Program Files folder. NAV will not delete it and I can not manually delete it because I can't find it. When I look in that folder it does not show up (I do not have "do not show hidden files" checked). I have searched for it with the search program on my pc and it does not locate it either. The other spyware programs does not find it...although AdAware did find MediaMotor which I've gathered from interenet postings that the two files are related. I did successfully remove Media Motor, but the m67m.ocx file still remains. I did notice another posting on another site where a fellow had the same problem, but it looks like he never got it resolved either. Any help?
Thanks
Christine

Advertisements

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.