Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Inadvertently bumped my topic

• Please log in to reply

anthom

anthom

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
In posting my topic this morning, I left off the extras log from my initial OTL scan, and added that log as a reply to my post before I realized I could have edited (also before I saw the warning about not bumping). I can edit the original post to include it, but I can't find a way to delete the reply.

Will this mess up my chance at getting help?

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Hi there,

I fixed it for you; I added the extra log to your first post and deleted the extra post.

You should be good to go now. :)

anthom

anthom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Excellent, thanks!

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Your welcome.

cphillips

cphillips

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Yes, I did the same thing on the 22nd, forgot the protocol and of course I have not yet been helped.

I have recommended this site many times, but this time out, not so much.

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
@phillips

We do not look for people that bump their topic and then ignore their request.

A possibility as to why you haven't been assisted:

We use a feature on the board "to speed up our help" That allows us to see only brand new requests for assistance.

When you bump your topic whether it is intentionally or inadvertently. We don't see it. That is likely why you have been overlooked.

Also because you are posting a malware problem Only 1 staff member will assist you. No one else will help you except that one person due to the sensitive nature of "fighting malware." If there was more than one person assisting someone with a malware problem. The likelihood of problems arising is great. So when there is a reply to your topic it appears you have begun to receive assistance.

Now you see why you haven't received help. The best thing to do now is post in the waiting room -->> HERE this is where you post when you haven't received assistance in 3 days. Staff check this section of the forum daily to find the people that have been overlooked...

Good luck with your problem and I'm sorry you were overlooked... But if you post in the waiting room you will be assisted.

Have a great day