Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Semaphore timeout errors. Please help.

• Please log in to reply

Everyone82

Everyone82

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
I recently have been getting this error with a number of programs that I have never seen before. When I try to burn a dvd, it always stops right at the beginning and says...

"The semaphore timeout period has expired."

This also has shown up while using Winrar and extracting files. I will extract about 60% and then it just stops and the error pops up. I recently had a big computer problem and was running windows xp home. I installed XP professional and everything seemed to be running fine until a day ago. So I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. If anyone can help that would be amazing. Thankyou.

Advertisements

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
Howdy Everyone82. :)

I've had a quick search on Google as I am unfamiliar with this type of error. It seems to have occurred to lots of people in different situations and there doesn't appear to be many solutions. However, I did find this article from Microsoft:

http://social.techne...d-b7bb8f893f78/

Have a look at Post 3 and try the steps.

Let me know if you have any luck. :)