Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD ROM

• Please log in to reply

Milagros

Milagros

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having trouble with my CD/RW Easy CD Creator 4. It was working fine and all of the sudden it doesn't want to read the CDs. The computer recognizes the drive but when I click to open the CD, the computer says that I must insert CD. Can you please tell me what I need to do? I have tried cleaning the drive but it won't start the CD cleaner. I can't reinstall the software because I can't open the CD. I went to Device Manager, and it says the drive is working properly.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
you can try removing it in device manager, then rebooting and windows will reinstall the cd-rom driver

That said, these things do not last forever...a cd burner with easy cd 4 must be, what 5-6 years old? I wouldn't be surprised if the laser is just no longer functional. They seem to start going at about this time (five years)