Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Administrator Icon - Windows XP Logon Screen

• Please log in to reply

psufan41

psufan41

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Is there a way for the Administrator icon to not be seen at the logon on screen? I am the administrator which is my name that I logon on under. Is there a need to have that shown? If not, I would like to hide it as I don't logon to it anyway.

Thanks for the help as always,

Brian

Edited by psufan41, 25 January 2010 - 05:00 PM.

Advertisements

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Hello psufan41,

I'm pretty sure I know what you mean.. You have a different account that you log onto with administrator privileges, but the default account Administrator, that comes with windows operating systems, you want to disable it?

If so-

To disable Windows Administrator account:

1. Turn on your computer.
2. Log onto an account with administrator privileges (e.g. your regular account I would think)
3. Go to Start > Run. Type in: cmd
4. At the command prompt screen, type in the following exactly: net user administrator /active:no
5. If you typed the command in correctly, (as long as you have administrator privileges!) you will receive the message: The command completed successfully.

If you received: (System error 5 occurred. Access is denied.) then you do not have administrator privileges, or some other problem...

Hope this helps, feel free to reply with any questions or comments.

Best regards,

-Jason

psufan41

psufan41

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Thanks much. That worked!

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
No problem, glad I could be of assistance. :)

-Jason