Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sudden internet connection loss

• Please log in to reply

jamesph

jamesph

• Pip
  • 1 posts
vista...after cleaning some malware and virus from a vista home basic pc...it will not now connect either by the nvidia nforce network controller ethernet card or the huwaei e160 mobile dongle....diagnostic reports says that tcp/ip 4 and 6 need to be configured on the network card but they are shown as both configured on the card. the connection works on my other pcs. also the huwaei e160 dongle shows an 02 uk network present and available with strong signal but will not connect (I have checked it on another pc and it works fine) ...I have updated both sets of drivers and used a microsoft fixit's to reset the ip stack and the ie winsock. LAN is set to automatic etc. I also uninstalled and reinstaled the onboard nvidia card.

Advertisements