Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sims 2 keeps crashing

• Please log in to reply

VickieR

VickieR

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am having an issue getting my computer to run the Sims 2. It will run for awhile, then freeze and/or crash. Aside from making a character there doesn't seem to be one thing that sets it off, and its not a specific time frame either. I checked with thesims2.com and from what I can tell I have all of the proper system requirements. Please help :)

Advertisements

Meboubou

Meboubou

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
I have to ask, did you buy your game or did you download it?

VickieR

VickieR

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I bought it, twice. I had the non DVD version that I used to play on my old computer but when it kept crashing on this computer, I thought something was wrong with the disk, so I went and bought the DVD version and installed it and its doing the exact same thing that the other version was doing.

Meboubou

Meboubou

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
When you re-installed it, did you make sure the previous version was completely un-installed? If so, maybe you're PC doesn't have enough free gigs. Do you do a regular clean up and check up for Spyware-Malware and viruses? A good general clean up might help you out, an over-used/not regularly cleaned PC tends to act like it's 100 years old.