the computer is...
Toshiba Satellite a205-s4577
its kind of old, dusty from iraq, but nothing else apparently wrong with it.
what i have done:
1. tried to boot in safe mode: no-go
2. tried removing the harddrive and placing it in an enclosure: drive installs and spins but no access to the files.
3. since it seemed to be a drive issue after that i tried reinstalling windows and formatting: no-go windows will not boot from cd either. windows vista home premium cd that came with it is not working, or a backup copy of windows vista ultimate.
4. replaced hdd with WD 500gb scorpio blue
5. tried to boot from cd: no-go same freeze after it copies/loads all teh files from the cd.
6. removed 1 stick of ram: nothing
7. removed the other stick of ram: no-go
8. replaced ram and removed battery for 15 mins: no-go
9. reset bios to defaults: nothing
please help? i have no more ideas.