Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell Resource CD - windows keeps trying to install

• Please log in to reply

psufan41

psufan41

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
When I click my Mozilla icon to access the web it searches for the Dell Resource CD which of course its not going to find. Any solution to not have this pop up when I click on the Mozilla icon? It's weird because once I hit cancel and close out of it then Mozilla opens up. I have attached 2 screen shots to show what I am getting.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled.JPG
  • untitled1.JPG

Edited by psufan41, 28 January 2010 - 08:08 PM.

Advertisements

psufan41

psufan41

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
So, now it is doing it everytime I start Windows XP. It doesn't matter if I click on the Mozilla icon like I thought at first. I also noticed that it's in a loop now where 4 or 5 boxes will come up at once attempting to find the CD or file to install this Dell Resource. Any idea why this is happening? Maybe something I disabled as a startup?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try going to ...start...run...type in msconfig...press enter...click on startup tab...uncheck everything except your anti virus and firewall...reboot