Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer Stops at 99%

• Please log in to reply

GeekBigGeek

GeekBigGeek

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:) ;) ;) :tazz:

Hi Everyone,
I have a rather unique problem (or at least for me it is). I am working on a friends computer he has a Dell Laptop (XP home, NAV 2005) that connects to Dell Wireless Router. I have connected his printer (dell 720) to a HP 310 JetDirect Print Server using LAN port 2 as a Ethernet Connector to the Print Server. The printer will print the entire job you send to it however the Dell Print monitor hits 99% and stays there. You have to delete the job manually and reboot the system in order to print again. I have updated the driver for the printer and used all tricks I could think of. I am pretty sure it is the print server as everything works fine if you are connected directly. I like to think that I am fairly knowledgeable about computers but this has me stuck.

Thanks for all your help

Rick :)

PS if there is any info that you need you can contact me at my email

Advertisements

wirephobia

wirephobia

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi Everyone,
I have a rather unique problem (or at least for me it is)....The printer will print the entire job you send to it however the Dell Print monitor hits 99% and stays there.  You have to delete the job manually and reboot the system in order to print again....

I encountered this problem too. I believe it's to do with the lack of bi-directional support from print server to printer. Anyway, for me, the following simple hack worked:

1) Find DLBCPSWX.EXE (mine is in C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\) and rename it (e.g. NOT_HERE_DLBCPSWX.EXE)

2) If you can see DLBCPSWX.EXE in your task list, kill it.

HTH

wirephobia

GeekBigGeek

GeekBigGeek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I encountered this problem too. I believe it's to do with the lack of bi-directional support from print server to printer. Anyway, for me, the following simple hack worked:

1) Find DLBCPSWX.EXE (mine is in C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\) and rename it (e.g. NOT_HERE_DLBCPSWX.EXE)

2) If you can see DLBCPSWX.EXE in your task list, kill it.

HTH

wirephobia

View Post

:tazz: ;) ;)
:) :yeah: :beer:
That was the fix system is working great now THANKS A BUNCH!! :) :)

sfa_nc

sfa_nc

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks wirephobia.

I just experienced the same problem, and your solution worked perfectly.

sfa_nc

bigipps

bigipps

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
This is an old thread, but I have this problem too. I have a Dell laptop (XP) and a Dell desktop (Vista), wireless print server, and an HP all-in-one that is connected to it. Print jobs will generally start, then stop half way through. Restarting helps, but doesn't always work. The problem occurs on both computers. It seems to stall more often with longer or color/high resolution documents.

I'm thinking of trying the above solution, but thought that since this was an older thread, that it would be worth bumping and seeing if there are any more direct fixes.

Thanks in advance.