Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

acer aspire 1350 sloooooow

• Please log in to reply

steve farmery

steve farmery

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I promise all of this is true, my Acer laptop (Win XP service pack 3) was fine and dandy until I took it to the office and connected it to the office LAN, it had trouble connecting, and when connected successfuly started to run slooooooow. Before that it ran just fine. I have 192 Meg Ram, and 7 Gig free space on my HD. Please dont say I have too little memory or not enough HD as before connecting to the LAN at work all was reasonably fast. I have changed nothing, Hijack this shows almost nothing running

That has to be the shortest Hijack This logfile in existence. Malwarebytes shows no infection, nor does the MS Windows antivirus. I have run a Rootkit check, nothing, spyware Blaster, nothing....smart ram shows anything between 55 and 107 Meg Ram free, my CPU 97% free. This is driving me insane. It only started since I connected to the LAN at work. I have almost nothing starting or running in the system tray. Before connecting to the LAN it was fine..then slooow, anything up to 2 minutes to start Firefox or open any document. Oh and Task manager wont open either, no matter how I try to open it. Pleeease help, I am going insane trying to get this fixed, I need it for work.

HJT Log removed - not to be posted outside the malware forum

Edited by Essexboy, 26 January 2010 - 03:49 PM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

I have 192 Meg Ram

That's your main problem.
XP likes to have at least 512MB of RAM and it loves 1GB.

7 Gig free space on my HD

The above may be your other issue. 7GB free out of?

steve farmery

steve farmery

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Ok now fixed, I just did a fresh install and all is now hunky dory....It isnt lightning fast but is now back as fast as it was before. When slow it was taking all of 5 mins just to load Firefox, now 5 seconds, same amount of memory, same size HD...

mikemike33

mikemike33

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have to agree. 192 meg of RAM is not a heck of a lot for XP. At least throw another stick in and you will find it much faster.