Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Must Now Restart....

• Please log in to reply

Tommybob2

Tommybob2

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi, I've recently been having some trouble with my computer, which started with a virus and random adverts coming up when I click links to things, which led to Bluescreens and eventually to this "Windows must now restart because DCOM services have stopped unexpectedly" or "Windows must now restart because Plug And Play feature has stopped unexpectedly".
At the moment, the only thing I've actually managed to do to stop it restarting itself is the "shutdown -a" command... That stops all audio and games though.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Hello Tommybob2! :)

You've got a malware issue.. Follow the instructions I've provided to be sure you fix all your problems.

Head to the Malware Forum and read the Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide FIRST AND FOREMOST.

Once you've read and followed the instructions of the guide, (if you still have problems) you may create a topic, telling the Malware team your problems. Also, be sure to include your OTL log.

If you wait longer than three days (72 HOURS) before getting a response, you may start a topic in the Waiting Room where you will be first on the list of help.

If you still have problems after have been given a clean bill of health from the Malware staff, you may return here where the techs will do their best to sort out any remaining problems.

Best regards,

-Jason