Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PHP Auction -- Need Help?

• Please log in to reply

TeachPower

TeachPower

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
Hello all and I am glad to find a home here as I have been looking for a techie community like this for a while... ever since I lost the thatcomputerguy forums. I have been reading these forums for a while and it is full of good people.

In saying that now, I need help. I created and run an education site that is a resource library for other educators in a hope of making our lives a little easier by sharing teaching materials. At this point most of the resources available are my own, but I have been asked by other educators (both friends and via email) to make it possible to create a login account and allow uploads of their own resources.

Therein lies my question. I am familiar with creating websites and some basic coding but I am not familiar with what it takes to create a database and system of registered accounts, etc. I was doing some research and found a free version of phpauction that is very versatile and suits many of the features that I will like to add to the site currently or in the future. Can somebody help me step by step with the manual install of phpauction? The directions I am having a hard time following are on this site: http://www.thaslayer...all-phpauction/

If not then can somebody recommend a good login-pass program/script that I could install that would allow users to create accounts and upload/download content to my site?

Thank you so much for all your help in advance!

Advertisements

TeachPower

TeachPower

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
I am sorry to do an honest bump, but I can't believe that nobody has any insight or advise on setting up a login/pass registration system on a website.

Can somebody please help me? I am trying to build a bigger community to help other educators!