Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless keeps cutting out

• Please log in to reply

foowtf

foowtf

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a netgear router. I just got a new laptop and every 1.5-5 hours the connection just drops for a second, then reconnects. I live in a busy urban area but none of my other laptops(3 of them) have had this problem. My desktop is wired through the modem and also doesn't have this disconnection issue.

I have tried restarting my router, computer, wireless but it's still doing the same problem. I havn't contacted the ISP yet but thought there might be something about win7 causing it since my other computers were vista. It's had this problem not for about a month (since I got the new laptop).

If it's not win7 any suggestions would be helpful. Even knowing whether I should call Sony, or my ISP first would be helpful.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Advertisements