Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! Computer Idiot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

janamom

janamom

• Pip
  • 1 posts
<_< Hi there. I am a computer idiot and I am married to a bigger idiot. He likes to play pogo on the internet. Pop ups come up. He looks at some and closes others. Well, he meant to close one about "spy cams" (if you know what I mean) and now I have 4 or 5 sites in my favorites that shouldn't be there. I try and delete them, but they come back when I start my computer up. Also, when you start your computer up, it should go th HOME (comcast) but instead it goes to a questionable search engine. I have deleted these things so many times, it isn;t funny. THe straw was last night when Zone Alarm kicked us off the computer and froze it. It said something was trying to get in. Ever since, computer very slow. Help me I am desperate. I can't afford to take my computer in anywhere to have it looked at. I have another computer, my kids, that is having problems too. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO frustruated. Can anyone help me , please?

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Welcome janamom <_<

You have a very common problem with spyware. See the "Spyware Tools" link in my signature for more info. Click these links for Spybot and Ad-aware, download, install, and check for updates. Run these programs, and fix all items suggested.

The majority of the time these two programs will remove all spyware. However, should you continue having problems, click the HiJack This link in my signature, and follow the instructions. :D

To prevent spyware from installing in the future, it's important to install any critical updates and service packs from Windows Update, and install Spyware Blaster.