Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook express

• Please log in to reply

dually

dually

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
I recieved a used laptop, about 5 years old. I've tried setting up outlook for my email. It works fine for my hotmail with outlook connector but I also have another email and it won't work. I have set the exact same settings on the laptop that are on my home pc where it works.
Anyone know why I can't get my email working on the laptop?
Thanks.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Please help us to help you.

Who is this email provider of which you speak please?

Edited by Neil Jones, 30 January 2010 - 03:12 PM.

dually

dually

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
It's @rogers.com. I just noticed when I go to the rogers/yahoo site and log in there is nothing in my inbox. But my home pc with outlook and I have mail in it.
Weird.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Not necessarily.
Outlook is probably configured not to leave the mail on the server once its downloaded it. If that's case then you won't get it on your other machine because there is nothing to download as Outlook has removed it.

dually

dually

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
I have tried sending an email to this account and checking for it on the laptop first and don't see it, but if I go to my home pc its there.