Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Print spooler sub system app error

• Please log in to reply

Jscyphers

Jscyphers

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I keep getting a "print spooler sub system app" error. I have tried many fixes, but none have worked. I have un installed and reinstalled the printer software, deleted the regestry keys as per Micosoft instrustions, and ran the micronsoft Fix It program. After each fix I could get about 3 or 4 pages printed off before the error would come back. Any insight would be greatly appericated.

JOdi

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks To Go!, Jscyphers

Try this if you haven't already tried it:

1. Temporarily stop the "Print Spooler" service by going to Start >> Run, type services.msc and press <Enter>

2. Scroll down to "Print Spooler", double-click it, then click it's 'Stop' button.

3. Now open this folder: c:windos/system32/spooler/printers

4. Delete any .shd or .spl files that are in the 'Printers' folder

Now restart the 'Print Spooler' service by repeating steps 1 & 2, but this time click it's 'Start' button.

aniketz

aniketz

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Welcome to Geeks To Go!, Jscyphers

Try this if you haven't already tried it:

1. Temporarily stop the "Print Spooler" service by going to Start >> Run, type services.msc and press <Enter>

2. Scroll down to "Print Spooler", double-click it, then click it's 'Stop' button.

3. Now open this folder: c:windos/system32/spooler/printers

4. Delete any .shd or .spl files that are in the 'Printers' folder

Now restart the 'Print Spooler' service by repeating steps 1 & 2, but this time click it's 'Start' button.

Awesome my printer is now working too good thanks buddy. great tip.