Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Double-click on drives?

• Please log in to reply

couber

couber

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hi everybody!!!

After a system crash this morning, I have trouble entering in my drives by double clicking them at "My Computer" window. Windows recognize the drives normally and they are accessible either using left-click->explore or left-click open, but not by double-clicking(???).Plus a new "autorun" option - just like when you enter a USB flash drive(I'm not sure for the right word because I have the greek version) - appeared. I scanned for viruses with ESET without findings. Everything else seem to work properly.

I know it may be a small nuisance but i would like to fix it if that's possible.
So is there anything I could do?

I have WinXP SP3 fully updated

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
This problem is commonly caused by a particular type of virus infection. We cannot help with virus infections in this forum section. Please post your problem here:
http://www.geekstogo...emoval-f37.html

couber

couber

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

This problem is commonly caused by a particular type of virus infection. We cannot help with virus infections in this forum section. Please post your problem here:
http://www.geekstogo...emoval-f37.html

thanks a lot!!!
I'm posting right now
Please Lock!!!

Edited by couber, 07 February 2010 - 08:26 AM.