Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Black screen

• Please log in to reply

Steve DeVore

Steve DeVore

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
a friend took her hp dv6000 laptop back to bestbuy because her screen went black and never came back on. They told her that she needed a new lcd inverter. I recenly purchased a new lcd inverter and installed it on the laptop. The screen still will not come on (thanks for nothing bestbuy). I don't know if I should replace the screen itself or if there may be other issues with the machine (would hate to have her pay $100 for a new screen if there is another issue causing this problem). I don't feel that the screen is the problem since when I connect the machine to an external monitor I get no signal.

Please help!

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
The computer must be checked systematically for hardware problems. There are several potential causes starting with a faulty battery charger that left the battery discharged without the user noticing it,damaged CPU, motherboard or the integrated video card, and corrupted BIOS files.