Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Gaming PC Build... HELP!

• Please log in to reply

Sir Swali

Sir Swali

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I need help building a gaming PC. It needs to be fast have a lot of USB inputs. USB inputs on top of the PC, it needs to run ALL the latest games, run apps like Photoshop, Illustrator (not a biggy but it would be nice if it can handle the basics). The mother board needs to be scalable in the instance that i want to get a core i7 processor don't mind starting off small enough for now. But the ultimate processor would be a core i7 (i'm not sure this is the best so all and any recommendations on this). ANY HELP ON THIS IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! I'm looking to spend about £600

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE SO FAR...
Heres the spec

Intel core i7 2.8gig processor £230
gigabyte motherboard £90
9600gt 512mb £70
1tb samsung sata 2 hard drive £60
2gig Crucial ballistix ram 1600mhz £55
Dual layer dvd rw £20
artic power 700w psu £45
Case £30

This is what i have come up with that has the upgradability and slots needed to add other things later on when i get more money together.. Again any input is greatly appreciated!!

Edited by Sir Swali, 09 February 2010 - 11:21 AM.

Advertisements

Sir Swali

Sir Swali

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I need help building a gaming PC. It needs to be fast have a lot of USB inputs. USB inputs on top of the PC, it needs to run ALL the latest games, run apps like Photoshop, Illustrator (not a biggy but it would be nice if it can handle the basics). The mother board needs to be scalable in the instance that i want to get a core i7 processor don't mind starting off small enough for now. But the ultimate processor would be a core i7 (i'm not sure this is the best so all and any recommendations on this). ANY HELP ON THIS IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! I'm looking to spend about £600

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE SO FAR...
Heres the spec

Intel core i7 2.8gig processor £230
gigabyte motherboard £90
9600gt 512mb £70
1tb samsung sata 2 hard drive £60
2gig Crucial ballistix ram 1600mhz £55
Dual layer dvd rw £20
artic power 700w psu £45
Case £30

This is what i have come up with that has the upgradability and slots needed to add other things later on when i get more money together.. Again any input is greatly appreciated!!

Hi i need some help with a suitable graphics card for the following abny help and suggestions are greatly appreciated

Gigabyte GA-H57M-USB3 Motherboard Core i7 Socket 1156 Intel H57 ATX RAID Gigabit Ethernet - £99
1TB SAMSUNG SATA 2 - £60
2GB BALLISTIX - £55
DULA LAYER DVD RW - £20
ARCTIC POWER 700W - £45
INTEL CORE i7 2.8GB - £230
CoolIT ECO ALC Water Cooling Kit - £53

The mother board has the ablilty to have 2X PCI- E i was thinking 2 x XFX GTS250 Core Edition 1GB PCI E 1024MB Graphics Card about £63 each on ebay.. I'm trying to get this build as close to the £600 mark as possible iits clocking about £705 right now. PLEASE HELP!

infected????

infected????

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
9600gt= low end not really good but its what i have cant play all games at max cant play cod 5 at max