Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

soundcard capatibility

• Please log in to reply

bourque77

bourque77

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a new set of Bose 2.1 series 3 speakers and a Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium in my computer. Question is, when the speakers are set up, the sound like there are loose wires and crackling. I know it must be the way the sound card is set up because this is what the last pair of speakers sounded like and I assumed they were blown and bought these brand new and they are doing the same thing. I believe that the sound card is set for 4.1 speakers and cannot figure out how to set it to work with the 2.1. If anyone has ideas or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks To Go!

Go to Control Panel (classic view) >> Sound

Or use the Creative Sound Configuration utility if it's installed (Look in Start >> All Programs)
It may be called "Creative Sound Mixer" or something similar, but changing the speaker configuration is definitly done through either control panel>sound or the creative software.