Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB Stick issues..............

• Please log in to reply

jespo91

jespo91

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
This one i have never seen. Have an 8GB usb memory stick (BRAND NAME) that i have all kinds of stuff on. There are pictures and videos, and documents.

So today i go to add 3 videos and in the folder i have strictly videos in i see a BUNCH of stuff that i have NO idea what it is.

i had about 30 videos.

11 of which are ok, as they were.

The rest have been renamed to stuff such as this:
(i copied the file names)

φ±yè┼▌.ì

ΓK^▓╚«Æ.·ê

zkφε;p7Ü.(Ñ▒

and the file TPYES have been changed to the last 3 or 4 charaters of their names.

They will not open, they will not let me rename them. They show the files as still having the content. But when i go to properties it says 0 bytes.

Plus there are about 10 EMPTY folders that have the same non meaning names too. That cant be deleted or changed or moved????

Everything else on the USB stick works fine, the pictures and the few videos in other folders.

Any ideas????

THank you.

Advertisements

infected????

infected????

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
have you run a virus scan on it?