Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lulu

• Please log in to reply

Iconicmoronic

Iconicmoronic

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
Hey I'm having trouble with a webpage. Its the Lulu poetry website at www.poetry.com. The website has changed since I last visited it, completely. Anyhow I was trying to contact their web master, except that every instance of a customer support icon/link is not working for me. They just do nothing. So I viewed the page source, and I can't find any contact information. Would anyone know how I can find out where the website is hosted so that I might be able to track down Lulu and explain my issues to them?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Great big "Contact Support" button here:
http://www.poetry.com/help/

Iconicmoronic

Iconicmoronic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
I don't know why I keep meeting 'these' truly unfriendly people, but perhaps you should re-read the post? Speed reading doesn't seem to be your strong suit friend, and I do mean zero offense.

Anyhow I was trying to contact their web master, except that every instance of a customer support icon/link is not working for me.

I.E.; the customer support link is a broken link from where I'm standing. My resolve was to attempt to read the page source, in order to search for contact information or a web host address whom I could contact in an effort to get the message conveyed that I wished to speak with the Lulu Poetry website administrator. Being as that didn't work, I don't know of any tools that can help me trace the host server/website. I was asking if someone could help me think of another way, possibly by helping me find a tool that can perform said "trace" (or even a Windows feature), so that I could try to get some assistance. Being as how I don't know industry terminology, Googling the information is a bit of a hassle.

I don't know if you thought I was a non-English speaking person and unable to use the correct words and grammar in my sentences, or what, but the issue is described above. In plain english. I'll assume you're having a bad day and throw it over the shoulder.

Thanks, you've been a GREAT BIG "HELP"

Iconicmoronic

Edited by Iconicmoronic, 10 February 2010 - 05:33 PM.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

I.E.; the customer support link is a broken link from where I'm standing. My resolve was to attempt to read the page source, in order to search for contact information or a web host address whom I could contact in an effort to get the message conveyed that I wished to speak with the Lulu Poetry website administrator. Being as that didn't work, I don't know of any tools that can help me trace the host server/website. I was asking if someone could help me think of another way, possibly by helping me find a tool that can perform said "trace" (or even a Windows feature), so that I could try to get some assistance.

The link to "Contact Support" on the site I linked to does not go anywhere. It is an email address. For the benefit of other visitors, normally you click on an email address and in most cases an email client such as Outlook Express or Thunderbird would appear to compose a new message with. Of course if you don't have any email clients on the machine or there is no default email nothing will happen. I draw your attention to the phrase "not working for me" and with all due respect this usually means you are unable to get on the site at all.

Performing domain look-ups and what not normally is of no use since all they tell you is which hosting company is providing it. If you were to contact them they would only tell you to go back to the site in question. With regards to poetry.com, the only addresses that come back are with regards to the domain itself and its operation. None of them will help you with regards to your issues, whatever they may be as you haven't included them here. You'll do far better composing an email to the address on the page I've linked to above as that is the customer support page.

Thanks, you've been a GREAT BIG "HELP"

I can only work with the information I am given. The only thing I can say is you get out what you put in. As I've said before in other posts, please help us to help you with appropriate information otherwise all I can do is be generic. You don't take the car to the garage, park it on the forecourt and then wander off without telling the mechanic what's wrong with said car then come back four hours later and complain to the garage owner that the mechanic is useless. Therefore can I please ask if you post on a forum with issues regarding a site you explain the issues that you're having otherwise you are more likely to get unhelpful replies.