Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

applications freeze after 30 min in xp

• Please log in to reply

drbomb

drbomb

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
Recently my xp machine has started locking up after a period of use. Applications lock up and task manager won't come up. I have to do a hard restart. I have used malwarebytes and hijackthis and not found anything. my gpu is running at about 133 F and cpu at 97 F. I haven't been able to determine if this is a hardware or software problem. Any help?

here is an error log

Windows was unable to load the registry. This is often caused by insufficient memory or insufficient security rights.

DETAIL - The configuration registry database is corrupt. for C:\Documents and Settings\HelpAssistant\ntuser.dat

Windows cannot load your profile because it may be corrupted. Contact your administrator.

Windows has backed up this user's profile. Windows will automatically try to use the backed up profile the next time this user logs on.

Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off.

intel core2 duo
3.25 gb ram
nvidia geforce 8800 gts
windows xp professional service pack 3
Motherboard ID 64-0603-000001-00101111-070307-Bearlake$A0751055_BIOS DATE: 07/03/07 10:01:10 VER: 08.00.12

Edited by drbomb, 10 February 2010 - 12:58 PM.

Advertisements